Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mature Student

I have signed-up to undertake a Spanish language Open University course in 2008 and I guess that makes me a mature student. Seeing as I missed out on college/university first time around I think I will start doing more studenty-type things. This includes;
  • Freshers week in the real ale pubs of Thanet when my course starts in February although I will be drinking snake-bite
  • I will start wearing reading glasses and a Dr Who scarf
  • My mode of transport will be a clapped-out bicycle with no lights
  • I will be attending political rallies and protests (in Thanet)
  • I will be washing myself even less than I do now
  • Parkes will be giving me my student loan which I will endeavour to spend in the first week of my course

Roll on 2008!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 pm

    Top Culinary Tip:

    Make up an enormous batch of porridge and pour into a wall-paper lined drawer. Allow to set for 1 week. Hey presto, a terms food.

    Buy a lemon to alleviate scurvy if you're fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you'll be wanting a Che Guevara T shirt for Xmas then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather have a picture of Sooty. Fantastic porridge technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to nip up Bookers and get an entire term's supply of Pot Noodles.

    ReplyDelete