Monday, May 14, 2007

Isle of Thanet Yomp 2007: Update

Five days to go now. With the recent wet weather in mind I have been nervously checking the long range forecast hoping that it will stay dry but I guess that's what umbrellas were invented for. I have given some thought to what I should pack in my yompers bag - it is as follows;

Bottle of water
Hat
Change of footwear and socks
Plasters
Figgy rolls (you can't beat figgy rolls!)
Lube
Warm item of clothing
Mobile telephone

For anyone wanting to sponsor the Yomp (with all proceeds being very gratefully received by Cancer Research UK) please click upon this link;

http://www.justgiving.com/yomp07

Many thanks to those who have already sponsored us. We will not fail you!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:50 pm

    Lube???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 am

    Doesn't look like I'll make it Strings. But you knew that anyway. As for sponsorship, I'm cash poor-beer rich so I'll throw in a case of Doggy, delivered to a location in Thanet of your choice.

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lube!! Vas to grease the moving parts of the yompers body.

    Many thanks E for the offer of liquid refreshment. It will be very much needed.

    ReplyDelete