Monday, August 13, 2007

Dining in Thanet

Parkes, Beth and I went to lunch on Saturday with Dean and Sarah. Although the company was splendid the food wasn't and rather overpriced. This leads me to a quick round-up of the local restaurants which Parkes and I have recently eaten at:

Melins Restaurant on Harbour Street, Ramsgate. Italian/Mediterranean food. Food nicely presented but poor in quality and expensive. My pizza was more soggy than one of Beth's nappies.

The Akash on High Street, Ramsgate. Indian food. Beautiful curry and other special sub-continent dishes. The food is very tasty with clean flavours. It has rekindled my love of curries.

Prezzo on Albion Street, Broadstairs. Italian/Mediterranean food. Lots of menu options but the food came undercooked (not cool when it's prawns) and the service in an practically empty restaurant was atrocious. Maybe that is why it was practically empty.

Well that is my beef over for today. Remember, if Parkes and I dine at your restaurant we deserve decent service and decent food. I didn't work my clackers off all week to be fed slops.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:00 pm

    Best stick to scampi fries in the Monty.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 pm

    Try the curry house in faversham its called the spice lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to Prezzo at the weekend, it was packed. Food was pretty good, but I agree about the service - atrocious. I had to ask three times for the bill, and was just about to enforce my 'ask three times and then I run out' rule when a sulky looking waitress actually managed to plonk it on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried out The Smugglers in Birchington? Haven't been in a few years but I thought it was top notch last time I went.

    ReplyDelete