Monday, August 04, 2008

DIY / Personal Grooming / Shooos

This weekend was a fairly busy one. On Friday night Parkes' mum very kindly babysat and Parkes and I went out for a few beers and a Thai meal. We both felt a bit tired and groggy on Saturday morning but Beth felt fine and proceeded to tear around the lounge using her bum-shuffling technique. On Saturday afternoon we visited Grandma and Grandad Parker and said 'Happy Birthday' to Ella who is now 8 years old. On Saturday night we watched some more of Heroes (series 2) and went to bed at 9:45pm. Rock and roll!!

On Sunday we bounded out of bed nice and early due to our long sleep. Parkes cleaned the floors whilst I got stuck into some lovely DIY (grrr). I erected our first stair-gate at the bottom of the stairs. This took almost 2 hours and involved repositioning the gate numerous times. I also sealed the leak on our downstairs shower. In the afternoon we went to Westwood Cross to buy some essential bits and bobs. We bought Beth her first pair of shoes from Clarks - smashing they are although Beth doesn't seem that bothered. I then visited the Comfort Inn on the East Cliff to get my back waxed. A nice, young lady performed the deed and complimented me on my physical toughness and mental strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment