Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hollibobs

Next week Parkes and I go away to Spain and we are flying from the Kent International Airport at Manston. This prospect greatly excites me for a number of reasons. Firstly it is so close to home (maybe something like 3 miles away). King Keith will be giving us a lift to the airport and that will probably take all of 10 minutes. Brillo! Secondly I have always wanted to nose around in the terminal itself. I'll bet there is an unbelievable array of shops to take care of my tax-free needs. Will there be a single check-in desk and a hundred people queueing for hours? We'll see! Thirdly I can't wait to take off and soar over Thanet to see if we can spot any landmarks. The return flight will be even better as we might even see our house.

I know I sound easily pleased but it make me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:26 pm

    I had the delight of flying out of manston a couple of times in 2005 when EUJet were still running the show. First to Prague and then to Edinburgh.

    Forget the duty-free (does it even exist anymore in the EU?), but the drive to and from the airport is so easy. What it lacks in shops etc it makes up for with ease of location.

    There is a newsagent affair there though... and an expensive cafe thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to blow any more tiles off my cliff top mansion as you pass over!

    ReplyDelete