Friday, April 13, 2007

Isle of Thanet Yomp 2007: Update

Tally-ho yompers! The Yomp takes place 5 weeks tomorrow. I walked from Cliffsend to Minster (and back) last Saturday using a footpath that took me along hedgerows, across railway tracks and through farmers' fields. It was a lovely walk which was somewhat spoilt when the driver of a passing train made a rude gesture at me. Is this what ramblers have to put up with? The walk totaled ten miles and although I felt a little stiff at the climax I think I could have done quite a bit more.

There is a sponsor form for anyone wishing to sponsor the yompers on their quest. All of the proceeds will be going directly to Cancer Research UK and will be very gratefully received. Here is the link and thank you for helping.

http://www.justgiving.com/yomp07

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 pm

    A couple of quid should be winging its way over to you.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:03 pm

    I went on a real ale ramble in Wales last year and it was great fun - walk 5 to 10 miles, stop in the middle of nowhere and drink a pint from a kindly chap manning a barrel. Move on, another 5 to 10 miles for more beer etc etc.

    What do you think?

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be great fun and thanks very much for the sponsorship.

    I have a feeling that beer will be on the agenda that day - who know where we will end up?!

    ReplyDelete