Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Life And Times Of Jimmy Greyballs

What is happening to my beloved cricket? All of a sudden silly money is being thrown at the Twenty20 format and test match cricket is at risk of becoming obsolete. Big money has changed football and rugby. I think I might just concerntrate on lawn bowls - at least this sport has it's feet on the ground. I travel through Broadstairs every day and see the lush green at Broadstairs Bowls Club and think to myself it would be nice to play again.

I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the Euro2008 football tournament. I picked out Spain in our work sweeptake and tomorrow night I face my boss Bal who picked out Russia. Let the best man/team win and let's hope it's Spain.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm worried about the five day format ('real cricket') - it will not be helped in the long term by the five minute version.

    I worry greatly about the poor old umpires at this 'reality tv' game - there could be far too much pressure on them and it could erode their authority in the long term.

    Then again, I worried about the 40 over game at the time. And I'm taking the kids to the county ground tonight!

    ReplyDelete